This service is designed to enhance the mental health system in the region and bring people together to address mental health issues. This service promotes mental health, increases community awareness of mental health and illness, and facilitates access to support services in the community through: public education, information and referral, and community development activities.
Our Education Service aims to reach a broad and diverse audience including staff and clients of health and social services, student groups, employers, service clubs, and social groups.
Would your organization or group benefit from an educational presentation?
Presentation topics include:
- safeTALK: 3.5 hour Suicide Alertness Workshop
- Living Life to the Full Program
- Mental Health Works
- Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention
- Work-Life Balance
- Mind/Body Fitness
- Talking about Mental Illness
- Orientation to CMHA Nipissing Regional Branch
Information and Referral Program
This program is designed to address and direct inquires coming from the public to support groups and mental health services in the region. .
Community Development Activities
- Interlink Choir – facilitation of an intergenerational program designed to unite children and seniors through words and music
- Mental Health Week – coordination and promotion of awareness-building activities in the region
- Support Groups – provides assistance to ongoing self-help and support groups in the region
- Yellow Ribbon Program – provides a proactive, preventive suicide outreach program dedicated to raising awareness and making a difference in saving lives
- Advocacy – advocacy on issues related to mental health and illness and the right of those people affected
For more information, please contact:
Margi Woods Clarke
Tel: 705-474-1299 ext. 210