Our mission describes our purpose and unique contribution.
Our values are the key beliefs and principles that underlie our thinking and actions.
The Canadian Mental Health Association, Nipissing Regional Branch is dedicated to building a community which accepts people with mental illness and promotes mental health.
Our Key Values and Principles
- We value partnership, cooperation and accountability between all those concerned with mental health: consumers, family, service providers, and the community.
- We value our accountability to our Community. As a publicly funded charitable organization, we are committed to using our funds as efficiently and effectively as possible and to be open to the highest standards of public scrutiny.
- We value integrity. We believe in maintaining a the highest possible standard of operation and we believe that our work must be guided by our values and beliefs.
- We value individual and collective responsibility. We believe that individuals and society as a whole share in the responsibility of changing attitudes about mental illness and ensuring the best possible care for those affected by it. We also encourage individuals to take responsibility for their own mental health.
- We value creativity and flexibility. We recognize the need to be open to change and continually assess the ability of our programs to meet the needs of our community and to ensure that we are working within our stated philosophy and values.
- We value Community. We believe that developing an educated community promotes understanding and acceptance of people with mental illness and removes access barriers for treatment and support. We encourage full participation by all citizens and believe all persons are entitled to equal opportunities and the right to self determination.
- We value individuals and believe in a commitment to treating all persons with respect and dignity.